Acts of Wellbeing
Give a little kindness.
‘Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see.’
- Pay it forward.
- Begin to practice self-compassion.
- Show a little kindness everyday.
- Organise an kindness act in the workplace week.
- Notice and commend others for their kindness.
Kindness 7 day challenge
A challenge to consciously perform one act of kindness a day for 7 days in a row:
The intention behind this is to make people smile, lift spirits, make a difference:
And remember you don’t have to do big things to make a difference. It’s the small things in large numbers that matter the most. Opportunities for the small things arise every day.
Show a little kindness everyday
- Ask a colleague if you can help with anything.
- Say thank you in person.
- Help a stranger with their bags/ onto the bus/ cross the road.
- Make a cup of tea for someone: A friend who might like a chat, a colleague who is under pressure.
- Invite a colleague to break with you but refrain from speaking about work.
- Acknowledge someone else’s effort and hard work.
- Check in with someone is they seem down.
- Put your phone away when you are meeting a friend / colleague and show them your full attention.
- Aim to share happy or funny stories more often than negative ones.
- Stand up for a colleague / friend and their choices / ideas.
- Follow up on promises / commitments.
- Bake or buy a treat for someone.
- Share books / Movies that you enjoyed.
- Forgive people and move on.
- Offer support to a friend / family member – to run an errand or to mind children while they have some personal time.
- Show interest in friends and families work, interests, events or good news.
- Channel your frustrations and annoyances with a brisk walk or other distraction rather than sharing with them with your colleagues.
- Giving people 5 minutes of your time in the morning just to say hello.
- Be a friend to you and be kind to yourself when you make a mistake.
Subscribe to The Wellbeing Network - West Cork
Subscribe now to get free resources from The Wellbeing Network, and stay informed about updates, events and information. By signing up, you are opting in to emails from The Wellbeing Network. We will send you useful information about our work - we promise not to bombard you with mails, we always keep your details private, and you can unsubscribe at any time.